Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bob Allen Arrested




It always amazes me that conservatives are so repressed about their own sexuality. Especially when it comes to homosexuality. Bob Allen appears to be another Republican denying his true self.


TITUSVILLE - State Rep. Bob Allen was arrested Wednesday after offering to perform oral sex for $20 on an undercover male police officer, authorities said.


Veteran's Memorial Park was under surveillance when Allen, R-Merritt Island, was seen coming in and out of a restroom three times, Lt. Todd Hutchinson said. Allen, 48, then approached an undercover officer and was arrested, police said.


Allen is fighting the charge. He is going the Jimmy Swaggart route with the display of tears.


''I am filing a not guilty plea. I am vigorously going to fight this,'' State Rep. Bob Allen, a co-chair of Republican presidential candidate John McCain's campaign in Florida, said at a news conference. ``I am not resigning my office because the people elected me and want me to do a good job. I am going to do a good job for them in finishing this term.''


Allen will have to explain why he came in and out of the public restroom 3 times and approached the undercover officer. Perhaps that $20.00 bill Allen handed the officer was for the police pension fund.

The Veteran's Memorial Park restroom was under surveillance. It is unknown if Allen was caught on videotape.

Update: things get more interesting. Marco Rubio must decide if any disciplinary measures will be taken against Allen. I betting that Rubio waits to the courts reach a verdict on Allen's case. Both parties of the Florida legislature is bad at policing themselves. See Siplin, Gary.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2007 11:04 AM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

Since you mentioned it --- when I'm not feeling flabbergasted by a guy who sets laws against HIMSELF, I've felt stabs of pity for the obvious repression and self-loathing.
They didn't get there alone. Either someone made them hide it or it's a long carried tradition. I worked with a guy who went to great lengths to hide same from his family. To the point that his actions were very very risky. It made me sad, I wanted to go with him and tell his family but then they would disown him, he said. A cousin moved to CA and got a sex-change, became a model --- but he still lived at home. Anyway --- I agree.
I trust Rubio NOT. Depends on if Allen kissed the right ass cheek or not. Doesn't look that way. Believe me, they KNEW who they were getting. I don't buy that for a minute.
good post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home