Monday, September 11, 2006

Bush Team Stumped About Katherine Harris Stump Statement

Remember the endorsements Katherine Harris falsely claimed other Republicans made to her. She's at it again.


U.S. Senate candidate Katherine Harris said Friday that Gov. Jeb Bush will campaign with her in the next two months, but the state GOP said no such commitment exists.


There's more.


But Friday, it was unclear what Harris was talking about. The Governor's Office referred questions about Harris to the state party. And party spokesman Jeff Sadosky said the governor had not agreed to stump with Harris.

"We've not heard anything from the Governor's Office one way or the other," Sadosky said.


What I'm looking forward to is when Harris will have to make her concession speech. I'm wondering if she will have a meltdown on par with Richard Nixon's infamous last press conference.


I leave you gentleman now and you will write it. You will interpret it. That's your right. But as I leave you I want you to know — just think how much you're going to be missing. You won't have Nixon to kick around any more, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference and it will be one in which I have welcomed the opportunity to test wits with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home