Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Civility Has No Place In the Fantasy-Based Community

Crooks & Liars has a video of Christopher Hitchens giving Bill Maher's Real Time audience the middle finger. Hitch's behavior reminded me of what I observed with Vilmar's Katrina rant. This is what I wrote in Lindsey Beyerstein's comments.


When people resort to the finger or ad hominem attacks that means they are insure with their viewpoints.


Dick Cheney suggestion to Patrick Leahy to try a sexually impossible act is another perfect example. If people behaved like Hitchens, Cheney or Vilmar in a bar they would get thrown out by the patrons. In the post-Jerry Springer universe, politicians, pundits and bloggers can behave in a way that wouldn't be tolerated in the real world. If I said "go fuck yourself" to people, whenever I felt like it, I would have an expense medical tab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home