Tuesday, November 18, 2014

1969 Bill Cosby Date Rape Comedy Routine

Bill Cosby have come under public accusations of drugging and raping women. Andrea Constand accused Cosby of raping her when she was a teenager.

Over the years, I’ve struggled to get people to take my story seriously. So last month, when reporter Lycia Naff contacted me for an interview for the Daily Mail, I gave her a detailed account. I told her how Cosby won my trust as a 17-year-old aspiring actress in 1985, brainwashed me into viewing him as a father figure, and then assaulted me multiple times. In one case, I blacked out after having dinner and one glass of wine at his New York City brownstone, where he had offered to mentor me and discuss the entertainment industry. When I came to, I was in my panties and a man’s t-shirt, and Cosby was looming over me. I’m certain now that he drugged and raped me. But as a teenager, I tried to convince myself I had imagined it. I even tried to rationalize it: Bill Cosby was going to make me a star and this was part of the deal. The final incident was in Atlantic City, where we had traveled for an industry event. I was staying in a separate bedroom of Cosby’s hotel suite, but he pinned me down in his own bed while I screamed for help. I’ll never forget the clinking of his belt buckle as he struggled to pull his pants off. I furiously tried to wrestle from his grasp until he eventually gave up, angrily called me “a baby” and sent me home to Denver.

A total of 13 woman have come forward with claims of being sexually assaulted by Cosby. The common theme in their stories is being drugged by Cosby. Technically, this comedy routine doesn't prove or disapprove the allegations against Cosby.

In 1969, Cosby did a comedy bit on drugging women with the mythical Spanish fly. Technically, this comedy routine doesn't prove or disapprove the allegations against Cosby. It does make me wonder why Cosby thought date rape was amusing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home