Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Afghan Whigs - Algiers

The Afghan Whigs have released a new album. "Algiers" is the debut single from Do to the Beast. These days the Whigs are only original members Greg Dulli and John Curley. Lead guitarist Rick McCollum was removed from the band due to unspecified personal reasons.

"I respect and have deep admiration for those guys," McCollum says in regards to his departure from the Whigs. "I'm excited to hear what they came up with, but I have to get my personal life back into gear. I have to work on myself, and my personal issues. I want to do stuff on my own, too; my band, Moon Maan, is doing an album. We're brothers, and we're going to have discrepancies, but it's good. It's not like we hate each other; it's a positive thing on all ends."

The video for "Algiers" is a homage to the Clint Eastwood movie High Plains Drifter.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home