Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Quote of the Day: Woody Allen Edition

"I'm open-minded about sex. I'm not above reproach; if anything, I'm below reproach. I mean, if I was caught in a love nest with 15 12-year-old girls tomorrow, people would think, yeah, I always knew that about him."

Woody Allen, from an interview he did when he was 40 years-old.

Allen has been accused by his adoptive daughter Dylan Farrow of child molestation.

From Farrow's open letter in The New York Times.

For as long as I could remember, my father had been doing things to me that I didn’t like. I didn’t like how often he would take me away from my mom, siblings and friends to be alone with him. I didn’t like it when he would stick his thumb in my mouth. I didn’t like it when I had to get in bed with him under the sheets when he was in his underwear. I didn’t like it when he would place his head in my naked lap and breathe in and breathe out. I would hide under beds or lock myself in the bathroom to avoid these encounters, but he always found me. These things happened so often, so routinely, so skillfully hidden from a mother that would have protected me had she known, that I thought it was normal. I thought this was how fathers doted on their daughters. But what he did to me in the attic felt different. I couldn’t keep the secret anymore.

It is getting harder to believe that Woody Allen is innocent. Dylan Farrow is now a grown woman living under a new name. Why would she open herself up for potential attacks on her character unless her accusations are true. It is certainly obvious that Dylan Farrow's relationship with Allen is strained. That didn't happen by accident.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home