Monday, February 10, 2014

Quote of the Day: Dubious Rubio Edition

"You know why I never answer that question? If I tell you that I haven’t, you won’t believe me. And if I tell you that I did, then kids will look up to me and say ‘Well I can smoke marijuana because look how he did. He did alright so I guess I can do it, too.’ And the bottom line is, it is a substance that alters your mind. Now when I was 17 and 18, 16, I made dumb decisions as is. I didn’t need the help of marijuana or alcohol to further that."

Sen. Marco Rubio, dodging questions by the National Journal on if he ever smoked marijuana.

That is the kind of straight talk (or lack of) that makes me love writing about Dubious Rubio.

Update: Miami Herald political reporter Marc Caputo isn't buying Rubio's rambling answer.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home