Thursday, January 09, 2014

Rubio On the Fence on Medical Marijuana

Sen. Marco Rubio is deciding which way he should flip and flop on the issue of medicinal marijuana.

“You hear compelling stories of people who say the use of medicinal marijuana provides relief for the thing they are suffering. So I'd like to learn more about that aspect of it, the science of it,” Rubio said in an interview Thursday, asked about the Florida ballot initiative.

“I have qualms about that proposal, I really do, but I probably need to learn more about it,” he said. “The broader issue of whether we should be legalizing it is something I'm pretty firm about. I don’t think legalizing marijuana or even decriminalizing it is the right decision for our country."

A CNN/Opinion Research poll found that 55 percent think marijuana should be legal. A Pew Research poll found that 52 percent think marijuana should be legal. The days of marijuana being illegal are numbered.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home