Thursday, September 26, 2013

Quote of the Day: John McCain Edition

"Many of those who are in opposition right now were not here at the time, and did not take part in the debate and I respect that. But I'd like to remind them that the record is very clear of one of the most hard-fought, fair -- in my view -- debates that has taken place on the floor of the Senate in the time that I've been here.

"And then I'd remind my colleagues that in the 2012 election, 'Obamacare,' as it's called -- and I'll be more polite, the ACA --was a subject that was a major issue in the campaign. I campaigned all over America for two months, everywhere I could, and in every single campaign rally I said, 'And we have to repeal and replace Obamacare.'

"Well, the people spoke. They spoke, much to my dismay, but they spoke and they reelected the president of the United States."

Sen. John McCain, on the floor of the Senate.

McCain is telling other Republicans it's over. The GOP has lost the debate on health care reform.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home