Thursday, December 06, 2012

Discrimination Complaint Filed Against Jacaranda Manor

Melissa Dulude, 38, and Mandie Bryan, 31, filed EEOC complaints against Jacaranda Manor. Dulude and Bryan are in a relationship. The two allege that they were fired because they are gay.

Delude's complaint alleges, "on November 16, 2012, I informed my unit supervisor that I had seen a male employee and a female employee engaged in sexually inappropriate behavior for the workplace."

Jacaranda has a posted policy of reporting misconduct in the facility.

"Minutes later," Delude's complaint continues, "I was called into the office and told that I was being discharged from my position. When I asked why, I was given no reason. My life partner was terminated the same day. Neither of us had conduct, attendance or performance issues."

The Medicare.gov website has given Jacaranda Manor a "much below average" rating.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home