Thursday, September 01, 2011

Quote of the Day

"The irresponsible actions of my party, the Republican Party over this were astounding. I'd never seen anything like this in my lifetime. I was very disappointed, I was very disgusted in how this played out in Washington, this debt ceiling debate. It was an astounding lack of responsible leadership by many in the Republican Party, and I say that as a Republican." Chuck Hagel

The Financial Times has video of Hagel's interview. Hagel supports cuts in the Defense Department and does not feel that Libya is part of America's national security interests. I disagree with Hagel's belief that if President Barack Obama supported the Bowles-Simpson deficit plan that it would have prevent the debt ceiling showdown.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home