Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Impeachment of Rick Scott Is Fantasy

I wrote this tweet.


I am no fan of Rick Scott but I am wondering if people actually believe they can get the Republican legislature to support impeachment.


What would progressive charge Scott with for impeachment?

Scott is ethically-challenged but what has he done that rises to the level of impeachment?

What would get 2/3 of the Florida Senate to vote for removing Scott from office?

I see Ben Kirby shares my sentiment.


I am not interested in wasting my time calling for Scott's impeachment, for God's sake. He's a terrible governor, but he hasn't done anything criminal (yet). This is a distraction and a mind-numbing waste of valuable time and resources.


If people want to start a petition drive to impeach Scott then more power to them. Just don't expect impeachment to ever happen.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 07, 2011 9:14 AM , Anonymous F Martin said...

Clearly, your idea of 'criminal'and mine are quite different.

However, I suggest we take a page from the Wisconsin Playbook. Even though we don't have Recall in Florida most of us still have voting rights. Nineteen counties in Wisconsin that voted Republican in 2010 voted Democrat Tuesday to tip the balance of power back to a more even playing field.

We in Florida should do the same. Rick Scott wouldn't have nearly so much power if we had a Democrat heavy Senate and House.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home