Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cenk Uygur on Right-Wing Rhetoric



Florida progressive activist Susan Smith should find this video interesting. We had a Facebook comment discussion on how much responsibility does right-wing pundits and Tea Party candidates are to blame for Jared Loughner's murdering rampage in Arizona. My position is I find the violent rhetoric of Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck reprehensible. It is protected speech. Unless they were conspiring with Loughner (and I am not suggesting they were) they are in the legal clear.

Cenk Uygur makes a compelling counter argument that conservative pundits and Republican politicians bear blame for several violent incidents in recent years.


GLENN BECK: “I’m thinking about killing Michael Moore and I’m wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out of him. Is this wrong?”


Beck needs to ask if murdering Michael Moore is wrong?

Beck has publicly stated, "I could give a flying crap about the political process." Beck told Forbes he runs an "entertainment company." Beck's brand of entertainment is making a public death threat to get attention. Beck always will be first and foremost a shock jock.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home