Monday, November 01, 2010

Quote of the Day



"The first thing I think we need to do is to make sure that Afghanistan is not a safe haven for terrorists. And when I say safe haven, I'm not talking about that there isn't a possibility of a terrorist in Afghanistan. I'm saying that when you look at other countries similarly situated - Somalia, Yemem, other countries - that Afghanistan is at least as safe as those countries."

Ken Buck, Republican Senate candidate.

Buck has an unusual definition of safe. This reminds me of John McCain claiming, in 2007, that their were safe neighborhoods in Baghdad. CNN reporter Michael Ware quickly laid waste to that myth.


Well, Id like to bring Senator McCain up to speed, if he ever gives me the opportunity. And if I have any difficulty hearing you right now, Wolf, that's because of the helicopter circling overhead and the gun battle that is blazing just a few blocks down the road.


Yep. Safe.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home