Monday, November 08, 2010

The End

Yes, Kenneth Quinnell threatened to come after me because I wasn't a Kendrick Meek apologist. Quinnell writes this bit of nonsense.


After the primary, I left the campaign and returned to blogging. I had no particular intention at that point to say anything specific about Hussey.


If that is the case then why did Quinnell send me this private tweet on August 19th.


When I start blogging again in November, I'll be writing a lot about accountability, including accountability for bloggers


Quinnell emailed me this veiled threat on August 5th.


So you'll know, people outside the campaign, including other bloggers, have complained about the way you are writing about this and other things. I'm not sure if you care about credibility or reputation, but your approach is harming them.


Both the messages were sent while Quinnell still worked on the campaign. Quinnell himself left a comment on the blog about how the Meek campaign feels about me.


If you actually read my post on leaving the campaign, I specified that money was one of the considerations. So your big "reveal" hear is something I stated up front. I'll wager you don't have any sources inside the campaign, since I know what the people in the campaign who know what's going on think about you and they wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. So if you do have a source, it's some lower level person who wouldn't possible know what happened.


Don't believe for a second the Team Meek doesn't hold grudges. Another blogger (who I shall leave unnamed) dealt with blow back from different members of the Meek campaign.

As for lies:
I blogged that Meek was going to lose. Remind me again. Who won the Senate election.

Meek ran horrible ads. God, did Meek run bad ads.

Meek backed anti-abortion legislation.

The White House preferred Charlie Crist over Meek.

Abe Dyk's Jim Davis strategy was insanely stupid.

Team Meek badly screwed up by not securing Democratic endorsements and allowing these people to go to Crist.

Meek was losing Democratic voters to Charlie Crist.

Quinnell is so partisan that he will go anyone who doesn't follow his pro-Democratic agenda. Quinnell contends there is no proof that the White House did not want Meek to dropout. That doesn't pass the laugh test.


“Jumping to conclusions” is what it is called when you say something is a fact that isn’t warranted by the available evidence. The White House was aware of these “talks” that Clinton explicitly denies had anything to do with what Hussey says they were. Theoretically he might be right, but he has no concrete evidence to know that, so he’s jumping to conclusions.


This is the same Quinnell that blamed bloggers for Meek's campaign failures, but praised the work of people whom worked on a campaign that got its ass kicked. And I am the one who has the problem with accuracy.

Quinnell's "Blogger Accountability" posts are nothing more than about settling scores. Ranger Against War was another target of Quinnell's. Ranger Against War pointed out how fishiness of Quinnell's Florida Netroots awards. Ranger also linked to me and quoted me mocking Meek's declaring himself a "moderate progressive." That sent Quinnell on the warpath.

It is true: I did force Quinnell to go-on-the-record. (I remember Quinnell telling me, in his one moment of candor, in an email that Meek was so bad and uncharismatic as an orator that the campaign got a speech coach.) I doubted he would ever do it. I thought I would save my inbox the nuisance. I was advised to ignore Quinnell which is what I did before he joined the campaign or we started this feud. Pushing Rope does not do partisan Democrats blogging for the site. We often bash Democrats. Quinnell falls into that category and that is fine. That isn't my interest as a blogger.

Quinnell will use his shifting rationale and play victim. I will just add that Quinnell has created a Facebook page to diss me. For a guy who claims he wasn't interested in coming after me he has a strange way of showing it. I will be the first to admit that it takes two to tangle.

My part in this online food fight was to make sure Quinnell never works for a major political campaign again. No campaign doing serious research would touch a guy who was so irrationality obsessed with tearing a B list blogger down. I didn't send messages to Quinnell of people feeling harmed by him or that I was going to hold him accountable. I did not create a Facebook page as an attack forum against Kenneth Quinnell. Any campaign that reads these rants will believe Kenneth Quinnell has serious personal issues. Kenneth, you have been played. Now the game is over.

People like Quinnell do not belong in politics. We have enough angry people in the political process. We certainly don't need anymore people in the Democratic Party blaming the "Professional Left" for their inability to run effective campaigns. My advice to bloggers is don't let campaigns push you around. These people are scared paper tigers.

I am ending my part in this online food fight. I am blocking Quinnell from my online accounts. Unless Quinnell accuses me of doing something criminal he can write whatever he wants about me. I'm sure there will be a response, but this will be a one way conversation.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2011 12:42 PM , Blogger rangeragainstwar said...

To all,
To date KQ still has not released the voting results for the netroots awards.
That is not how a progressive should operate.
jim at rangeragainstwar

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home