Friday, October 29, 2010

Crist Asked Meek To Dropout

Kendrick Meek confirms to the Wall Street Journal that Charlie Crist personally asked him to dropout of the Senate race.


Mr. Meek was scheduled to speak at AIPAC about 8:30 and Mr. Crist at 10, but the governor showed up an hour early in hopes of catching the congressman.

Mr. Meek said he tried to avoid Mr. Crist, but as he left the stage, “there he was, right in front of me.”

“He said, ‘If you were to drop out and work with me and help me we together can beat Marco Rubio,’” Mr. Meek recalled. “I said, ‘Governor, that’s a non-starter.’

“Then he dug down into his pocket and pulled a small cross out,” Mr. Meek continued. “He said his sister gave it to him and he wanted to give it to me so I would think about it.”


Crist has publicly said he didn't ask Meek to quit the race. Everyone seems to be contradicting the story of other players involved in this disaster. The Marco Rubio campaign must be laughing their asses off right now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home