Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sink Statement On Scott Attack

Alex Sink responds to Rick Scott's bogus claim that she wants to cut Medicare. Sink comes out and calls Scott a liar.


“Rick Scott is lying about my stands on the issues that matter to Floridians.

“First, I do not support cutting Medicare, and never have. In fact, Rick Scott is the one who once advocated privatizing Medicare, Medicaid, and Veteran’s health care.

“Second, I support the extension of the Bush tax cuts, because to let them expire will hurt our ability to get people back to work. We need to do everything we can to get people back to work.

“In my business plan, I call for cutting taxes for small businesses to spur job growth. Small businesses are the lifeblood of Florida’s economy and we must support them as strongly as possible because they employ the majority of Florida’s workers.

“Floridians have had enough of Rick Scott hiding from questions about his own record. I will not stand for lies about mine.”


Joy-Ann Reid note that Sink is veering to the right on Bush's extending Bush's tax cuts. Somewhere Stogie's head is exploding right now. I take a more pragmatic approach. I can deal with a certain amount of candidate pandering during a campaign. It is how the candidate governs that is most relevant. I am sure to raise stink if Gov. Sink does something I don't like.

The second issue is why is the Sink/Scott campaign discussing Medicare and the Bush tax cuts. These are federal issues that the next governor will have no legal say in. Is Scott going to attack Sink's foreign policy next? I like to hear the campaign talk about Florida issues. It really isn't asking too much.

Update: Another great ad by Alex Sink.

Sink tells audience Scott is obsessed with Obama and her focus is helping Florida. The ad makes Sink look like to serious candidate. Sink paints Scott as just another partisan politician who isn't focused on his constituents. Brilliant. Take Scott's outsider status from him.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home