Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quote of the Day

"Well my friends, let me tell you that I have an issue with believing what Republicans say. They also said they weren’t going to raise our taxes. And yet we walked out of session a couple years ago with $2 billion in new taxes. So I have trouble believing them."

"To me, the pledges that the Republicans have taken are written on toilet paper. And we all know what you can do with toilet paper."

Franklin Sands, Florida House Democratic Leader

Sands was referring to incoming House Speaker Dean Cannon's promise that he will abandon his attempt to lift the offshore drilling ban. As I noted before, Cannon's campaigns have mostly been paid for by lobbyist money. Follow the Money shows Cannon is a lobbyist's best friend. Cannon raised $68,900 from individuals and $198,779 from institutions. Progress Energy and Florida Power & Light are major contributors. I have a hard time believing that Cannon will forget the energy industry that helped put him in office.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home