Saturday, July 10, 2010

Quote of the Day

"And why isn't there a backup drilling rig stationed in the Gulf, ready for immediate deployment? I know the answers. The drilling industry considered the blowout risk so low that it did not justify the cost of adequate preparation. And I fell for it, based on the industry's record. I didn't do my due diligence and ask, What if?"

Mike Thomas, columnist of the Orlando Sentinel

Thomas offers up his latest column as an apology for his pro-offshore drilling stance. What I find interesting is Thomas admitting he failed to do his job as a journalist and fact-check. Someone explain to me where is this imaginary liberal media conservatives keep talking about.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2010 5:45 PM , Blogger The Donkey said...

If we conserve resources we have and change from using gasoline as the primary transportation fuel, then it would not matter what shills do for big oil. It is not just Republicans that use gasoline. I am just as guilty as most in giving big oil so much control over my life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home