Saturday, September 05, 2009

The Afghan Whigs - Band of Gold



Gina Vivinetto likes to tell me I have a Greg Dulli obsession. It is an affliction suffered by many Generation X hetrosexual males. Music blogger Gregor is a far more extreme case.


i make no attempts to hide my psuedo homoerotic man crush on greg dulli. i know i am not the only straight man to admit such.


Guys of that era looked at Dulli as the epitome of cool. Much like Johnny Cash and George Clooney. Kurt Cobain was a geeky guy everyone made fun of in high school. Dulli was the guy cool enough to hang out with the jocks and potheads in the smoking section. Dulli wouldn't have a girlfriend. He was the guy around several girls and no one would know if he did or didn't hook up. He would never say but may write a song about it one day.

I hope that explains everything to Gina.

If Miss Bullwinkle can post pictures of celebrities with shopping carts than I can listen to Dulli. I take the Congregation album over Nicole Ritchie any day.

Update: Dulli's 120 Minutes appearances with Donal Logue are hysterical. It is impossible not to like Dulli.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 06, 2009 7:03 PM , Anonymous Gina Vivinetto said...

I'm glad you admit you are obsessed. That's healthy.

I like Greg Dulli, too. Especially the Afghan Whigs cover of The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hanging On."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home