Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson RIP

By now you know Michael Jackson is dead. TMZ broke the story. I didn't believe it at first. TMZ is hardly a reputable news source. Media critic Eric Deggans is correct about how news of Jackson's death quickly spread on Twitter. I agree with Deggans that TMZ and OK Magazine might have been gruesomely banking on Jackson's death in order to increase traffic. However, TMZ is the first to report Jackson had a heart attack. I'm extremely curious how TMZ found out so fast.

My two favorite Michael Jackson songs.

I no longer care about Jackson's bizarre past or will make excuses for his behavior. I do marvel at the artisticly creative period that was the Off the Wall and Thriller albums. Jackson was the biggest star on the planet during his peak. Jackson had the same on pop culture and fashion as Sinatra, Elvis and the Beatles.

Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Found at skreemr.com


Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Found at skreemr.com


Update: the Jackson 5 performing a stunning acapella version of I'll Be There.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home