Friday, May 15, 2009

Lost Season Finale

Feministe has an interesting thread going on the lame season finale of Lost. The show Lost is like cigarattes and alcohol. It's bad for you but you keep coming back for more.

And what’s with Kate’s sudden change of heart from gun-wielding,”we’ve got to stop Jack,” to earnest eye-contact and then, basically, “whatever you say Jack”? Errgh. Could they make her character any more senseless?

I shared this with Cara. No one likes the Kate character. She is poorly written. JJ Abrams made it no secret he cast Evangeline Lilly to make the next Jennifer Garner. The problem is Lilly literally had no acting experience. I think Lilly was just grateful for the job and never had the nerve to walk into the writers' room and say "This is shit." I given up on Kate making sense. Abrams wanted a Maxim girl. He wasn't interested in an actress.

I feel sorry for Terry O'Quinn. His work has been fantastic. His acting in the episode "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" was most made it the best Lost episode. (Lilly's scene with O'Quinn was her best.) O'Quinn is now playing the smoke monster. That seems lame to me. I do hope O'Quinn receives an Emmy for the Bentham. Locke isn't a liable character. O'Quinn made me feel the pain of his death and we knew Locke was going to die.

I mentioned in passing, on another blog, Battlestar Galactica and The Wire had being character development and acting than Lost. Those shows were on during most of Lost's time and had complicated plots. I was told the acting on BSG and TW was subpar compared to Lost. I about shit myself. Those shows certainly had better female characters with Snoop, Kima, Starbuck and Roslin. And people stayed away from TW and BSG. Sigh.

Jacob seemed like a disappointment. A supernatural being is killed by Ben? WTF? The Smoke Monster knew everything about the island but couldn't find Jacob. Even though they sit and have conversations together by the statue. I will be happy when the Island is finally destroyed.

I think the producers acknowledged how much the fans hate Jack. Why else would Sawyer beat him up?

Is it me or are the Losties acting more and more like the Scooby Doo Gang. Substitute Dharma Initiative van for the Mystery Machine. The dog Vincent was in the episode. Don't be surprised if Jacob and the Smoke Monster are revealed as two gold prospectors trying to scare people off the island.

Jacob: We would of had the deed to the land...

Smoke Monster: If theses meddling plane crash survivors didn't come back.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home