Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Shepard Smith Condemns Torture



Shepard Smith powerfully expresses his outrage against torture.


"We are America, we don't torture! And the moment that is not the case, I want off the train! This government is of, by, and for the people -- that means it's mine. That means -- I'm not saying what is torture, and what is not torture, but I'm saying, whatever it is, you don't do it for me! I want off the train when the government starts -- I want off, next stop, now!"


Smith eloquently explains how waterboarding goes against American values.


"They better not do it," he said. "If we are going to be Ronald Reagan's Shining City on the Hill, we don't get to torture. We don't do it." Fade to black.


National Review contributor Cliff May unsurprising defends the Bush administration. This is the same May whom accused the Left of "Romancing the Jihad." You can count on the National Review to accuse the Left of treason on a weekly basis.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At April 23, 2009 3:36 PM , Blogger Fran / Blue Gal said...

I'm so shocked that Shep Smith still has a job at Fox; that Fox personell dept. hasn't rushed in with the mutual separation contract on air. I can't tell ya.

 
At April 23, 2009 3:37 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

I can't believe Shep kept his job after wigging out on-air about the Katrina response.

 
At April 23, 2009 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shep has more intestinal fortitude than those criticizing his reactions. Part of that comes from being on the frontlines long enough to know what the depth of moral outrage is not defined by Fox News but by our own conscience as Americans and citizens of the human race.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home