Thursday, March 12, 2009

Question of the Day

What do you think is the worst police show on television? My vote is for NCIS. The real NCIS naval federal police agency with a budget of only $460 million. This comment on IMDB by user lcsdmal gives context.


Tonight I watched my first NCIS episode. It wasn't even a bit like what real NCIS agents do which is a whole lot of nothing. I was an MP in the Marine Corp and during my time there the only thing I've seen NCIS do is investigate there only agents for improper conduct, sit around and complain about how they hate there jobs, investigate Marines for BS allegation which usually turn out to be unfounded, and I even had one accidentally discharge his weapon is his car because he was screwing around. Don't be fooled by the TV show its not nearly that fun, not even close. Oh and your average NCIS agent is about 250 pounds of balding chewed bubble gum. Well I guess the show does what TV shows should do and thats give me an hour escape from reality. This comment also goes for JAG too.


It is hard for me to watch cop shows after The Wire. NCIS Creator Donald P. Bellisario treats the audience as if their idiots. The wooden Mark Harmon's character constantly smacks his co-workers on the back of the head. Michael Weatherly's character enjoys verbally and sexually harassing subordinates. Such behavior would result in termination or an ass kicking. There is also the Dungeons & Dragons that can instantly get any information on a computer and a Mossod agent with a Hispanic accent. The worst is the Goth forensics expert. No real federal agency would ever hire her.

What is your least favorate police show past or present?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 12, 2009 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a TV show, so I guess if you think Greys Anatomy is Doc-life or West Wing is political reality... you are taking the thing called the idiot box a touch too seriously. At what point did you think M*A*S*H was a documentary about KOREA? I will send you 1 dollar for accordion lessons.

 
At March 12, 2009 8:24 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

It's a bad tv show. The new Battlestar Galactica is a sci-f show. It is one of the best shows in television shows in history because it doesn't insult the audience's intelligence. Greys Anatomy is a bad show for the same reason.

One of the best M*A*S*H episodes was the fake documentary. I still remember Hawkeye talking about why he doesn't reading Hemmingway, anymore.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home