Monday, February 02, 2009

Roll Call Reports Crist Considering Senate

Normally, I blow off the Charlie Crist running for Senate rumors. Roll Call is fairly reliable.


In what could be a Sunshine State one-two punch, multiple Republican sources are confirming that Florida Gov. Charlie Crist (R) is giving serious consideration to running for Senate — and that Sen. Mel Martinez (R-Fla.) is contemplating resigning from his seat before his term is up next year.


Crist wins if he runs. Jeb Bush and Alex Sink are out. No other potential candidate has Crist's name recognition and fundraising prowess. Crist would coast to an easy victory.

Crist would be a horrible Senator. I don't think he is stupid. Crist hasn't demonstrated an interest in the nuances of policy. Crist had an embarrassing meeting with the Palm Beach Post editorial board. The FCAT because education policy when Crist was education commissioner. Crist didn't know when the test was given or what was the passing grade.

"It says that I am a big-picture guy, that I'm a visionary, that I have a philosophy that I think is important. That I don't have to have an 80-point plan to be elected governor," Crist told the editors.

Short answer: Crist can't be bothered with details. Not a desirable quality in a Senator.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home