Thursday, November 06, 2008

Meet the New Supervisor of Elections

Via Kenneth Quinnell: Phyllis Busansky is the newly elected Hillsborough County Super of Elections.


“I’m absolutely thrilled," Busansky said from her home Thursday night. "I ran on restoring confidence in this office and that’s what we’ve done.” When asked what she planned to do her first day in office, she said, "I have no idea. Until two minutes ago I wasn’t at all sure I was going to win.”


"You may not have seen the last of Buddy Johnson," said the current office holder.

My hunch is seeing Johnson, in the political arena, will be as rare as Elvis sightings.

In related news: Kathy Castor asked Attorney General Michael Mukasey to investigate Johnson's handling of the election.


"The problems I witnessed firsthand and supervisor's inability to count the votes in a timely manner have shaken the public's confidence in fair elections," she wrote.


Even if Johnson won his race, it is hard to envision a scenario that would allow Johnson to keep his job. Johnson could not be found on the night of the election. That doesn't instill confidence.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 06, 2008 7:53 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

thank god. I DEMANDED that they give her to us. Over at the st pete times. Yep. I did.
Maybe buddy's scared of me. He did come out of his office and smile at me when I was there.
He actually looked like a very nice man.
Just goes to show.

YAY PHYLLIS>

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home