Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sarah Palin Stumped On Supreme Court Decisions



Katie Couric asks Sarah Palin what other Supreme Court decisions, besides Roe v. Wade, does she disagree with. Hilarity ensues.


Couric: Can you think of any?

Palin: Well, I could think of … any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But, you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a vice president, if I'm so privileged to serve, wouldn't be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today.


I give you a hint Gov. Palin. Republicans always cite Dred Scott v. Sandford as a decision they disagree with and link to Roe v. Wade. Couric threw a hanging fastball. Palin could have answered the question and assured anti-choicers by mentioning Dred Scott. Palin failed on both counts

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 01, 2008 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are mean to beat up on this poor woman. I used to live in a trailer park myself, and I doubt that many of my neighbors there had opinions about a lot of Supreme Court decisions. Let Sarah Palin have her 15 seconds of fame and slink quietly back to Todd, okay?

 
At October 02, 2008 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... when I initially saw a clip of this, I just felt so bad for her... She's in many ways been made out to be a joke and it is clear that she lacks understanding in so many different areas of Politics, and aside from political issues... History.
I consider her to be pretty brave for taking on this position (as possible VP)... however, bravery cannot run the country in the evet McCain rolls over.

I try and give her a certain level of respect; but mishaps like this make her look so bad... Poor thing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home