Monday, March 17, 2008

I Don't Know Doesn't Cut It

This exchange between George W. Bush and Susie Gharib is getting a lot of play in the blogosphere. I feel the need to point out that staggering stupidity of Bush's "I don't know" statement. Gharib asked Bush if OPEC increased oil production would that lower prices. Dear Leader was stumped.

GHARIB: Well, you’ve pressed OPEC to increase oil production –

BUSH: I did.

GHARIB: And they didn’t do it. Let’s say that OPEC did pump more oil. How much do you think that that would bring down oil prices, by $20, $30?

BUSH: You know, I don’t know. You’re going to have to ask the experts that. I’m just a simple president. But I really don’t know what it would do. I do know that the main problem is supply and demand and excess supply obviously would help.

Bush's answer is inexcusable for someone who ran as the CEO President. Bush ran the oil company Arbusto Energy. Arbusto went busto and Bush was never a private sector CEO. His dubious resume and time in office doesn't allow for "I don't know" to be a viable answer.

There is a funny video of airbag Donald Trump breaking down how bad of a CEO President Bush is. Trump annoys me, but he is on the mark. It's bad when pro-Republican business men are publicly dissing Bush.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2008 7:22 PM , Blogger tas said...

"I’m just a simple president." That may be the most honest thing he's ever said.

 
At March 18, 2008 5:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap. me agreeing with something donald trump said is sort of the equivalent of taking antimatter suppositories.

kabloosh!!!

the donald sure does know failure and incompetence, though, so i guess he's going to recognize it when he sees it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home