Tuesday, March 11, 2008

About That 3:00 A.M. Phone Call

Ezra Klein finds an interview of comedian Sinbad contradicting Hillary Clinton's story about the dangerous of her 1996 Bosnia trip.


Sinbad, along with singer Sheryl Crow, was on that 1996 trip to Bosnia that Clinton has described as a harrowing international experience that makes her tested and ready to answer a 3 a.m. phone call at the White House on day one, a claim for which she's taking much grief on the campaign trail. [...]


"I never felt that I was in a dangerous position," [said Sinbad.] "I never felt being in a sense of peril, or 'Oh, God, I hope I'm going to be OK when I get out of this helicopter or when I get out of his tank.'"


In her Iowa stump speech, Clinton also said, "We used to say in the White House that if a place is too dangerous, too small or too poor, send the First Lady."


Say what? As Sinbad put it: "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife...oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.'"


Remember when Hillary claimed, "I helped to bring peace to Northern Ireland." Lord Trimble of Lisnagarvey won a Nobel Peace Prize for his work on getting the IRA an British government to make a peace agreement. He dubunks Hillary's bunk.


"I don’t know there was much she did apart from accompanying Bill [Clinton] going around," he said. Her recent statements about being deeply involved were merely "the sort of thing people put in their canvassing leaflets" during elections. "She visited when things were happening, saw what was going on, she can certainly say it was part of her experience. I don’t want to rain on the thing for her but being a cheerleader for something is slightly different from being a principal player."


Hillary's really desperate and will say anything to become President. The feminist bloggers deserved a better woman presidential candidate than Hillary. A more presidential woman, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, took a thinny-veiled shot at Hillary saying that John McCain is more presidential than Barack Obama.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home