Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Pander Man

Mitt Romney takes time to pander to Florida's homophobics Christian conservatives.


"In Florida, a ballot initiative has been proposed that would give constitutional protection to the definition of marriage as one man and one woman and prevent unelected activist judges from trying to invent and impose new laws that disregard the will of the people. I strongly support this initiative," the Republican presidential candidate said today in an e-mail to supporters.


In 1994, Romney supported a federal non-discrimination law for homosexuals and lesbians. Romney used federal sthick by saying states should decide if gay marriage should be legal. He quickly thought all things gay were bad when he decided to run for President. Romney is running to the right of James Dobson.


I start by addressing Flip-flopping. I've been accused of flip-flopping. I think that's cute. I've changed my position, one time, on abortion. I believe that the family, as an institution, is under attack. I am for a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. I also think that it is un-Christian to mistreat or discriminate against gays, particularly in terms of hate crimes. I have always felt that way.


The Christian Romney believes it is bad to discriminate against gay. That is why Romney supports an amendment that would deny gays and lesbians the same right as other men and women. Isn't that discrimination? Oh, I forgot, Mitt's pandering and doesn't mean anything he says.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At December 06, 2007 9:12 AM , Blogger Pete Chown said...

Mitt Romney is a Mormon, not a Christian. Assuming he holds to the normal beliefs of Mormonism, he believes in multiple gods, inspired books besides the Bible, and so on. The Nicene Creed is one definition of a Christian, and he is clearly outside it ("We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty...").

On gay marriage: it's a real shame the way this debate has gone. People who have never felt the inclination to be gay feel they have the right to interfere in gay people's lives. I am not gay, but I am still pleased that Britain is becoming more liberal on gay marriage. I don't see the need to interfere in people's lives, just because I don't choose to live my own life that way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home