Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Draft Spencer Ackerman

I left this comment at the Political Whore blog. It is awaiting moderation. Creative Loafing's Sarasota branch is looking for an editor. I recommended Spencer Ackerman.


"Another Florida media job opening, this time at CL."


How about Spencer Ackerman? I know how you appreciate the talent New Republic produced. (Can we hear a shoutout for Gregg Easterbrook) Ackerman was another twentysomething associate editor. TNR had good experiences when Andrew "Bell Curve" Sullivan promoted Stephen Glass and Ruth Shalit to that position. Tell Eason to make the offer. I'm sure CL pays more than Josh Marshall.


I am officially starting the draft Spencer Ackerman to Creative Loafing movement. I'm sure Franklin Foer will give a good reference. I'm sure he's gotten over Ackerman wanting to skull fuck him.


Garcia would go into a panic attack if he had Ackerman for his editor. He has a disdain for TNR and the magazine's penchant for promoting inexperienced young staffings to editors. Which is why I left the comment.

In case people are wondering, I don't want CL to hire Ackerman. That would be insanely stupid. I have progressive blogging friends whom are friends with him. I might get trashed for this post.

Seriously, Ackerman started a blog that's whole sthick was to trash TNR and sent a threatening email to his boss. Why does TNR keep hiring Ivy League kids with no journalism experience? The New York Times and Washington Post hire award-winning journalists from regional newspapers. TNR might want to try that.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 1:47 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

WHEN did CL start moderating comments?

Grrrrrrr
Here, have some comment space.

No, just kidding.
I know I know sometimes you need moderation (says tas and we know I always agree with tas) BUT I never saw anything in need of moderation at CL. What's the deal wid dat?

 
At October 11, 2007 10:40 PM , Blogger Wayne Garcia said...

We don't moderate comments. They go right up, unless there is some kind of word that causes the program to flag it or it qualifies somehow as spam, and then it goes into a holding pen awaiting my approval. Which often, as in this case I suspect, I forget to check often enough. I'm going to check on it right now.

 
At October 11, 2007 11:05 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Wayne, I'm more interested if CL would offer Spencer Ackerman a job.

I got the comment moderation note after I posted the message. It's not a big deal. The message and post aren't meant to be taken seriously.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home