Tuesday, September 25, 2007

But what about the brewskis?

Bill Clinton wants you on his couch to watch a presidential debate with him. No, really! He says so in the latest email I got from the Hillary campaign:
There are two things in this world that I love more than anything else -- my family and politics. So you can imagine just how fired up I get when Hillary is on the stage debating the issues that matter to our country.

So here's an idea: why don't you and I share that excitement together during an upcoming debate. Hillary's campaign will pick three people -- each invited with a guest to watch one of the upcoming presidential debates with me. We'll sit down in front of a big TV with a big bowl of chips, watch the debate, and talk about the race. If you enter before the Sunday midnight deadline, you and a guest could be the ones to sit down with me to watch a presidential debate.
First, seeing this kind of political hokeyness makes me snicker. I don't have trouble imagine President Clinton as one of those guys who's perfectly comfortable with grabbing a bag of chips and settling down in front of the TV to dwindle away a Sunday afternoon watching football, but I just can't imagine any of us there with him.

But, more importantly, what about the beer? Because I'll tell ya, there's a direct correlation between the more debates I have to watch translating into the more six packs I want to guzzle. Do I even need to explain why?

Given that paradigm, personally, I feel that "Getting shitfaced with Wild Bill!" would be a much better selling point for this campaign stunt. Could somebody forward this to Hillary's campaign and let them know that they have Bill's approach all wrong and mine is the way to go? Thanks.

[Crossposted from Sugar Land is Dreaming]

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home