Thursday, May 17, 2007

There Are Still Only 4 Progressive Bloggers in Tampa

I laughed my ass off when I read Stogie's post in response to my response to Kenneth Quinnell State of the Florida progressive blogosphere post. Stogie attacks me by linking to Litbrit's comment. Which leaves me uncertain about which one of us he has the issue is. It is probably me since Stogie protested about being taken off the Pushing Rope blogroll.

Stogie is mad that I cited Litbrit, Gatordem, Vox Populi and myself as the only Tampa area progressive bloggers. Stogie feels I should have noted Political Whore, Out in Left Field, Tiny Little Dots, In Theory, Tampa Rail, Deep Something, The Delightful Yank, Samm Simpson, The Stonegauge, Ybor City Stogie.

Wayne Garcia of Political Whore will be happy to know that after all those years of Republican consulting automatically makes him a progressive. Way to go Wayne!

Kate of Out In Left Field guestblogs on a site noted for homeless beating advocacy and stripper thongs. She has also abused her teaching position by posting private conversations with parents online. Plus, no well-respected Florida or national blogger links to her. Kate gets no respect from the lefty blogosphere because she deserves none. Only Stickheads want to read narcissistic posts about how hot she thinks she is.


What else can a girl ask for?


A tight tummy and an even better rack.


I exercise every day - hard core routines where I get all sweaty and Jennifer Beals-like. Back to my pre-pregnancy weight and, thanks to maximum-strength undergarments, I look fetching in a miniskirt.


There is also Kate misstating the liberal stance on the death penalty for her own. I don't think Kate understand the difference between lefty, liberal and progressive.


However, like most liberals with sense, I do believe that allowing murderers to live is an affront to us all. The old argument that poor men of color are singled out doesn't sway me a bit. Let's include all (mostly) men who commit murder. Women, too. Equality is equality, right?


The answer is simply more, not less, truly horrific killers should not be allowed to breathe air. Period.


Stogie considers Joel (of Joel Award fame) to be a progressive. Joel proudly stated he isn't and deemed me too far to the left.


I think I'm above it all, says the person spitting bile because I don't get politically active enough for you. I'd love to rattle off my political positions on various issues for you, but I don't want to bore myself. I could perpetuate the venomous partisanship that turns so many people off from voting at all, but there's plenty of that already on the blogosphere.


What I find much more entertaining is poking holes in all this ridiculous and frequently counterproductive gamesmanship and watching the self-righteous ones lose their cool.


I think you're just bitter that your party has to spend so much money trying to attract chafed fence-sitters like myself. I'd hate to tell you this, but you're going to need me and my fence to make sure 2006 is more than just a hiccup.


Yes, Joel is above it all. It's better to mock others and provide no solutions than actually try to do something. How progressive.

Tiny of Tiny Little Dots is someone. He isn't a true progressive blogger. (Nor do I think he is trying to be.) He is focused more art and culture. He rarely updates. He gives a few sentence write up and links Think Progress or Talking Points Memo. I wish more bloggers would explain what they think about an issue.

Tampa Rail is insanely obsessed with light rail in the Bay area. That is not less progressive than single issue advocacy. The blog doesn't interest me. Nothing personal against the blogmaster. Light rail is an issue I don't give a shit about. Other progressives feel differently.

I interviewed Samm Simpson. I wished she won. I didn't know she kept the campaign blog going. Probably others didn't, as well.

Don't know enough about the other blogs to comment.

Political Whore is the only blog that has an impact. It is read by bloggers and members of the media. Wayne Garcia is a Republican with no netroots agenda.

Calling oneself a progressive and starting a blog doesn't mean squat. It takes researching posts, getting on email lists, working with other progressives to push a story out. That is why so many lefty bloggers write about Rachel Moran's desire to assault homeless people. I kept in contact with these people and updating the post. I send news articles to other bloggers that I think they would be interested in. The people Stogie mentioned have no clue on how the netroots work. I can push something I write onto A list progressive blogs. None of the other people Stogie mentioned have the skill to do it.

Stogie, lefty bloggers tend not to rip each other online. We usually send each other an email if we got a problem. I would have been happy to explain why you were taken off the blogroll. It wasn't personal. I just use the blogroll for sites i go to regularly.

Update: a new progressive blogger has been born. Shockingly, he doesn't have Stogie on his blogroll.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 19, 2007 9:47 AM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

Good. You've been around so much longer than me. (in the blog o sphere) Teach me how to help the netroots. I mean it. I have my own agenda but in the other moments I'd like to be productive in this manner. Hey, as long as I don't have to support any pols who leave me cringing ....
They have to be decent not just dems.

 
At May 19, 2007 1:50 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

Vox, make your posts more clear and concise. Get to know other feminist bloggers. Ask them for blogging advise. Some will reply. Some may not. Tampa is not the entire blogosphere. Thank God.

 
At May 22, 2007 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Rachel get kicked to the curb at Sticks? There's a huge piling-on of support for the pseudo-progressive blogger and rachel of course, piles in but keep noticing she is no longer posting at sticks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home