Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gore Still Not Running

Sine.qua.non has the latest results of several recent presidential polls. She is still pulling for Al Gore. The former Vice-President is getting irritated with being asked about plans to run.


Former Vice President Al Gore says he’s still not planning to run for president. That’s how he put it last night at the opening of the Tribeca Film Festival when I suggested that he was just waiting and watching Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama battle it out until September when he, Gore, would jump into the race.


Gore narrowed his eyes and looked straight at me. “I’m not planning to do that,” he said.


And what about rumors of Gore for President groups starting to mobilize?


“Oh, that,” he said, rolling his eyes. He didn’t quite say, 'That’s not true.' He came close, but it wasn’t a total denial.


I would love to see Gore run. The Hillary camp would have a fit. It be fun to see her fundraisers jump on the Gore campaign. I wouldn't shed a tear.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2007 1:26 AM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

I read that same thing -- that his campaign teams were organizing. I'm favoring Edwards but would probably jump to gore meantime hating myself just a little but i like tipper. She's the only lady near the white house I have liked in ages.
Drummers !!!
Gore is friends with Tom Petty, he has his own media ... he's not the best but he's far from the worst and i like him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home