Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Brownie Moment

We now know that Alberto Gonzales's days are numbered. He has received the kiss of death. George Bush has publicly come out to say he is doing a heckuva job.


“I do have confidence in Attorney General Al Gonzales,” Mr. Bush said of his old friend from Texas.


A vote of confidence from a President a 30 percent approval rating is like the Captain of the Exxon Valdez saying to ship is going to make it safely to shore.

Others have felt the warm glow of Bush's vote of confidence.

Tom Delay


"He's been a very effective leader," Mr. Bush said. "We've gotten a lot done in the legislature, and I'm convinced we'll get more done in the legislature."


That mugshot put a crimp into Bush's plans of getting more done together.

Tom Delay Mug Shot

Dennis Hastert, come on down.

Bush Shows his support for Hastert


“Before I liberate the speaker so he doesn’t have to stand up here for that long, Speaker, I want to say this to you,” Mr. Bush said. “I am proud to be standing with the current speaker of the House who is going to be the future speaker of the House.”


Hastert at the time said "I'm going to run and presumably win in this election, and when I do I expect to run for speaker."

Hastert is now a back bencher.

Harriet Miers.


"I picked the best person I could find," Bush said at his first full-fledged White House news conference since May.


And Bush looked no further than his own office.

We can't forget Michael Brown.

Heckuva Job


"Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job."


Gonzales has experienced his Brownie moment. It's only a matter of time before he resigns.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 14, 2007 3:48 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

They'll all start traveling !!!!

Check out Delay --- ever the image-conscious one, eh? Big ol smile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home