Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Horror

The sound of Talking Heads chattering

Masking banalities while

Lives are being lost

Obscures the brutality of Warfare from

The media-cocooned masses

Sheltered from Madness by Insanity

Drifting satiated obfuscated from Reality

Broken veterans intrude upon the dream

Wheel-chaired and leering grotesquely

Limbs akimbo

Faces maimed and scarred

Chasing Yuppie Patriots

Right-winged in tendency

Across manicured lawns and

Neat suburban streets

Ripping yellow ribbon magnets

From the rear bumpers

Of Cadillac Escalades and

BMW wagons…


Poet unknown

Sine.Qua.Non blogged this. I thought this picture should be seen again. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

1 Comments:

At February 12, 2007 12:49 PM , Blogger Vox Populi said...

Thank you. I'm so sick of those walmart magnets --- and I think they are part of a sick club that at times communicates something other than the typical right wing ... 'sickness' of the mind.

I got a fish magnet and wrote "It's a FISH" inside it and put it on my car awhile and ... well, yknow. How not to win friends but influence people.

This is awesome prose/poetry and it's such a treat for my eyes and head that other people 'get it'...

My thanks to you.

Thanks for the picture, Michael. Unlike King George and his mother, Babs I do not hide from the pain and physical destruction of some humans that they have caused.

I see some of them return saying what george wants to hear and I think of the time it will take for them to realize it's an empty fricking can of lies and then what will come. When they are stuck inside their head alone without George ringing in their ears ....

it's painful to me. It's why we do what we do.
Fighting the good fight.
Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home