Tuesday, January 16, 2007

:: Videos: Won't You Burn Me Down ::

I made two different versions of a video for Robert Dowling's new painting, "Won't You Burn Me Down" today.  The first video shares the theme of Laurie Jones new song "Wonderful and Cheaper" with a line in the song that is expressed in the painting title.  Laurie Jones used Rob's painting as her CD cover art work and Rob is now auctioning the painting.  There is so much hidden in the painting ... I keep finding layers and layers and layers.  I don't quite know how he does it, but the effect is fantastic. A word that barely describes how brilliant the artwork is specifically and in detail.





I used a song by Tool in this version, entitled "Wings, Part 2" from 10,000 Days




I have also posted these videos at my Sinequanon LiveDigital page.



I also discovered that someone else has posted a video of Robert Dowling's painting they found via my Flickr account. Check out the video, it's pretty damned cool.



tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2007 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the tool version...Are you gonna be at WE Media in Miami? Here's the posting I made at NowPublic. I'm an editor there and we're always looking for original stuff like yours! It's so creative and I love the choice of song.

Thanks!

http://www.nowpublic.com/robert_dowlings_painting_is_now_a_video

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home