Friday, September 29, 2006

St. Petersburg Times Sat On Mark Foley Story

This gets more interesting.


Efforts to reach the boy were unsuccessful, but he told the St. Petersburg Times last November, ''I thought it was very inappropriate. After the one about the picture, I decided to stop e-mailing him back.'' The Times didn't publish the comments until Friday.


The St. Petersburg Times knew about these allegation for almost a year and buried it. Time for me to play email tag with the Times.

Update: I got a response from the Times.

Michael,
Adam sent me a copy of your email seeking comment. Here's what I can tell you. As a matter of policy, the St. Petersburg Times doesn't publish stories that make accusations based upon sources we can't name. At the time that we first looked into this, the information we had simply didn't meet our standard. But when Tim Mahoney went on the record on the matter, we felt we should tell readers what we knew.

Thanks,
Scott Montgomery
Government & Politics Editor
St. Petersburg Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home