Saturday, July 08, 2006

Republistiltspin:Spinning Strawmen Into Gold

....The country is so far into debt, Republistiltspin is going to need not only your first born, but your first born's first born as well, if the debt is ever to be paid off. So, there's one cartoon idea I haven't had time to draw yet.It was inspired by The Reverend Scott at Republispin, also of Me4President2008 fame.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us





I haven't been posting much lately. This is a rubbing of a Mardi Gras Medallion. I found it back in 1996 amongst the oyster shells and weeds down on Napoleon when I was visiting Nate and Clemma on the tail end of the G.Love in The King's Court tour that ended at Tipitina's. The cartoon chakra is slightly closed, and my energies have been elsewhere. Sometimes I'll get an idea, but I don't have the time or energy to follow through. For instance, Jeff Goldspleen fancied himself a poet! sometime last week or so. I was going to do a Goldspeen Wisdom post where he thinks he's Jim Morrison. I was going to call it "An American Brayer". Brayer with a "B", as in the harsh cry of an ass!
Blogs in rhyme
and out of season
the rightwinger stood
by the lie that he told
and leveled his numb,
calm calculus,
"Treason!"


Lament for my cock
sore and crucified
I seek to blog about you...
Powerline player,
ancient liberal hater,
sing your ode to my cock.
caress its lament,
stiffen and guide us, we frozen.
All join now and lament for the death of my cock.
A tongue of knowledge and feathered blight.
Blogs get crazy in the head and suffer,
I sacrifice my cock on the altar of silence.


This stuff practically writes itself.If only it would draw itself...More proof that conservatives are crazy, Goldspleen would probably think it was an "homage". Now, if he would just sacrifice his Blog on the altar of silence

So, here's how I get the cartoon chakra open...


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Zippy the Pinhead always helps get the mind flowing. Here's one from 2000


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Shortly after Bush went to Graceland with the Japanese Prime Minister, I found a cassette tape of Paul Simon's album, "Graceland", for 25 cents at the library's used book sale.The muse beckons... The first song is called "The Boy In The Bubble"!
It was a slow day
and the sun was beating
on the soldiers by the side of the road
There was a bright light
a shattering of shop windows
The Bomb in the baby carriage
was wired to the radio...

Staccato signals of constant information
A loose affiliation of millionaires and billionaires...


I need a photo-opportunity
I want a shot at redemption
Don't want to end up a cartoon
In a cartoon graveyard
Bonedigger Bonedigger...


If You be my bodyguard
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you Condi
And Condi when you call me
You can call me Al!

The Cartoon Chakra says there's a cartoon in there somewhere. Now if I wasn't so busy making cider from the ancient summer apple tree in the backyard, maybe it will get done right after the Republistiltspin and American Brayer cartoons.Diamonds on the soles of Ken Lay's Shoes,baby...

Meanwhile, Steve Lafler and Steve Beaupre just came out with a great comic book, "40 Hour Man"!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Zencomix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home