Monday, February 20, 2006

Kathy Caster

I am trying to focus more on Florida and Tampa politics. My previous blog was mostly national politics. I plan to keep writing about those issues. Next year will be major political races across Florida. A candidate I'm excited about is
Kathy Castor. She has been the only person on the Hillsborough County Commission who hasn't behaved like a talk radio host. Mike at Florida News posts questions he asked during an online chat. I got the email, but read it after the chat took place.

Castor was the only candidate who stood up against the Commission's hateful ban against Gay Pride Month.


"I would hope this board would not use this dais to promote discrimination," Castor said. "I think it would be a terrible thing to put something like this on the agenda."


It was terrible and put on the aganda. Castor was the only Commissioner to vote against it. The Tampa City Council (different than the Commission) approved Gay Pride and no controversy happened.

Castor polling numbers look promising. Her people might be inflating the numbers to the St Petersburg Times.

WMNF has a transcript of candidates who are running for District 11. This is one of the few strong Democratic districts (thanks to rigging) in Florida. See for yourself

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 6:38 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

I'm less familiar with Miller. So I have some catching up to do. I thought I do my part to blog more about the state.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home