Thursday, July 17, 2014

Annette Taddeo-Goldstein Becomes Crist's Running Mate

Democratic candidate Charlie Crist has selected Annette Taddeo-Goldstein to be his Lt. Governor running mate. Crist's reasoning is Taddeo-Goldstein is a working mom. Say what?

“She’s a working mom, she’s a great Floridian, she has a heart of gold,” Crist told a Miami press conference on Thursday.

I love working mothers but I wished Crist talked about Taddeo-Goldstein's grasp of policy and her qualifications to govern a state the size of Florida.

The working mom angle is being pushed by the Crist campaign. The campaign had Taddeo-Goldstein send out this fundraising email.

My family moved to Miami when I was 18.

This state is where I founded my small business, met my husband, and started my family.

Just like so many Floridians, I've lived the American dream.

As a working mom and a small business owner, I know how much Florida's families are struggling.

I understand what it's like to wonder if you're going to be able to meet payroll -- and I understand what it's like to balance attending a PTA meeting at my daughter's school with meetings and conference calls at work.

That's why I'm so honored that Charlie asked me to join this ticket as his lieutenant governor. He believes that people like you and me deserve a seat at the table.

I'll join Charlie to fight for our families.

A more likely reason Taddeo-Goldstein is in good standing with the Florida and national standing.

Vice Chairman - Florida Democratic Party

Executive Committee member - Democratic National Committee

There are legitimate questions about Taddeo-Goldstein's skills on the stump. Taddeo-Goldstein lost her last two elections. In 2008, Taddeo-Goldstein a congressional race against Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen. In 2010, she lost a county commission race. Taddeo-Goldstein's best chance was to run against the controversial David Rivera. Taddeo-Goldstein bowed out and Joe Garcia won the seat.

Side note: Dan Gelber spent a lot of time promoting Crist to Democrats. Gelber appeared to be an early front runner to be Crist's nominee. I wonder what the consolation prize for Gelber is.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home