Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WTF: Billy Ray Cyrus & Kurt Cobain Were Friends?

Holy Achy Breaky Heart: Billy Ray Cyrus talks to GQ about his friendship with Kurt Cobain. To quote Lloyd Bridges' famous line from Airplane!, "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue."


"I stepped back. I was suppose to go out and do another world tour. I said no. I canceled my tour. Kurt Cobain had just died, and that really had an impact on me. He was one of those guys that became a friend to me that I never expected. We met at a venue one night, some big coliseum somewhere - his rig was pulling out and mine was pulling in - and I was standing in the shadows, 1 a.m. in the morning, and he's 'Hey man, congratulations - you pissed the whole world off.' We shook hands, and I said, 'Thanks man... I love what you do.'" After that, Cobain congratulated him at an awards ceremony when most of his peers did not. "We crossed paths a couple more times," says Cyrus, "and then I was in St. Louis..."


Cyrus went further in explaining his connection to Cobain to a skeptical Chris Heath. Cyrus says they both recently became fathers of baby girls.

"That's what we talked about, that we each had a little girl," Cyrus said. The babies were Miley Cyrus and Frances Bean Cobain.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 10:14 PM , Anonymous hobby trains for sale said...

Anything that was said about his daughter like any parent he took up for her, but he has to know in his heart he let her grow up way too fast. And some of it started with how she was dressing when she was in her early teens. A parent he had no control over that and who she was hanging around with. And lets not forget the pole dance and the pot smoking. And last the sheet episode. Where was the contol when she started Hannah Montanna? Well, now she is of age and he has no say in what she says, does or sees.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home