Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Alan Grayson Concedes

Alan Grayson for all intents and purposes has lost JT Orlando (the blogger formerly known as Sinfonian) tweeted this concession speech quote from Alan Grayson.


"This district was gerrymandered for Republicans & we only won by 4 pts in 2008, so this result isn't a surprise."


Grayson was ahead in the polls. That changed after Grayson ran the horrible "Taliban Dan" ad. Some other progressives disagreed with my assessment of the ad. The fact is Grayson's poll numbers dipped after the "Taliban Dan" ad ran. The ad was anti-religious towards Christians and Muslims. Advocating a separation of church and state is a winnable argument. Attacking a person's faith is a sure way to lose a campaign.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 02, 2010 9:12 PM , Anonymous Dave Harper said...

I have to agree. The "Taliban Dan" commercial sealed his fate. I cringed when I saw it. When the "Submit to me" soundbite was put into context, I knew he was finished

 
At November 02, 2010 9:16 PM , Blogger Michael Hussey said...

I want candidates like Grayson that will fight for progressive policy. But Grayson went over the line one too many times. He may not be finished though. He has a high profile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home