Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bill McCollum Still Will Not Endorse Rick Scott



No real shock. Bill McCollum stands firm on not endorsing Rick Scott.


"This was a tough election and a tough race, but it was not the attack ads that were run against me that would restrict my views," McCollum said. "I wound up supporting Mel Martinez after a similar situation. Mel ran for the Senate, and I was not the winner in that primary. But I never had any questions raised either before or after the election about Mel's integrity or honesty or character, and I've had those questions raised about Rick Scott."

McCollum said the questions he has about Scott's character are very serious.

"I think there are unanswered questions that trouble me a great deal from his past, particularly Columbia/HCA, so I'm not going to involve myself with the race," he said. "I'm just not going to do so unless something dramatic happens that I don't expect to."


McCollum knows his political career is over and is not going to go through the sham of holding his nose and saying what a great guy Rick Scott is. I actually kinda respect that. McCollum does not sound like he is throwing a temper tamtrum. He is saying in the most polite language that he truly believes his primary opponent is a scumbag. McCollum would not bring up Columbia/HCA if he did not feel Scott was lacking in "honesty or character."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home