Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jim Greer Channels Nixon

Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer sent a e-mail to the Miami Herald. Greer fires off a Nixonian attack RPoF Chairman John Thrasher.


After reading your credit card story, I see that Mr. Thrasher’s comments are intended to distort the facts and deflect blame. My attorneys and I are very much looking forward to setting the record straight and to the upcoming depositions under oath of: Mr. Thrasher, other party leaders, office holders, candidates for higher office, their respective staffs and many others, along with all the wide-ranging discovery which will take place. I served the party well and don’t seem to be getting the “Statesman’s Recognition” I was ensured in writing and verbally by many that I would receive. And I look forward to the future! The course we are all on is not of my choosing, but one that was set by others.


It is perplexing that Greer wants "Statesman’s Recognition." The Republican Party of Florida is being investigated by the FBI and IRS. Now is not a good time for Greer to be asking for a pat on the back.

I couldn't find a Thrasher quote in the column Greer took exception with. Perhaps the quote was later edited out. What was Greer ensured verbally and in writing? The last sentence is paticularly bizarre.


The course we are all on is not of my choosing, but one that was set by others.


Huh? Is Greer blaming others for his $500,000 American Express card bill. Does Greer expect Republican donors to believe that others are resonsible for him spending $41,421.31 in March of 2008. Good luck sellling that one. I'm waiting for Greer to bitterly announce we won't have him to kick around anymore.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home