Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nicole Parker As A Singing Sarah Palin



Former MadTV castmember Nicole Parker was in the musical Wicked. She rewote the lrics to Defying Gravity and sang in the voice of Sarah Palin. The lyrics are hysterical.

"Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules of Alaska's game
I'm good at smiles and guessing
My background at this point is moot
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and shoot

It's time to try defying logic
I think I'll try defying logic
And you can't bring me down

I'm through with changing diapers
I'll leave that up to Todd
I'll shake things up in Washington with my sexy bod
Too long I've been a hockey mom
And I've just been in charge of just one state
But not for long, the presidency won't be that long a wait

I think I'll try defying logic (you betcha)
I think I'll try defying logic
And you can't bring me down

Limited
My knowledge, well, is limited
And I've just had a vision
Almost like a prophecy, I know
It sounds truly crazy, Katie Couric
And true the vision's hazy
But I swear someday there'll be
A celebration throughout America

I'm defying logic
...
I think I'll try defying logic
And you can't pull me down

It's me, it's me!
So if you care to find me
Look to the house of White
As I told someone lately
"There, you can see Russia to the right!"
And if I'm flying solo
That means I'm president!
I mean, that means McCain has died
And that would be sad, that is what I meant

Tell them how I am defying logic
I'm flying high defying logic
And soon I'll match them in renown
Hang on ... vamp a little more, so I can see what the f*cking words are ... oh!

And nobody can prove I'm sound
Or prove that the crazy earth is round
They're never gonna bring me down
A-a-a-men!"

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home