Monday, January 11, 2010

Meek Strikes Crist

Kendrick Meek makes some pointed attacks at Gov. Charlie Crist. Meek notes Crist's flip flop on the stimulus package.


"I've been consistent on the stimulus," he said, noting that it has prevented layoffs of teachers and state workers and has stemmed drastic state budget cuts.


Crist denied, to Fox-13 reporter Chris Chmura, supporting any stimulus bill. Crist, along with several other governors, signed a letter endorsing a stimulus bill.

""I didn't endorse it," Crist told Wolf Blitzer. "I didn't even have a vote on the darned thing."

Crist is now attempted to stand tough on backing the stimulus. His rhetoric rings hollow.


"Some people criticize me for going down to Fort Myers, being nice to the president of the United States of America. I do not apologize for it and I never will," Crist said.


Another point Meek attacked Crist on was the amount of days the Governor has taken off work.


We know about the governor's past as it relates to his schedule and his one-meeting days," he said. "I'm going to work every day. I'm going to be one of the hardest-working senators. ... I have one of the highest voting records, 98 percent."


The Orlando Sentinel found, in two years, Crist took off 62 weekdays. Could you imagine taking that much time off and not getting fired from your job?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2010 7:45 AM , Blogger Peter Schorsch said...

Kendrick Meek, the Myth of Sisyphus and whether Dan Gelber regrets dropping out of the US Senate race.

http://bit.ly/4DQkNV

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home