Monday, December 07, 2009

Rep. Michael Scionti Moves to Pentagon

Florida House Rep. Michael Scionti has accepted the position of deputy assistant secretary of defense. His official job title is Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intergovernmental Affairs and Homeland Defense. Scionti will organize homeland security between the Defense Department and local governments.


“I am very excited. It’s a little bittersweet,” Scionti said. “I thoroughly have enjoyed representing District 58, and my constituency, their support and confidence in me, fills me with pride. And I know that this is another level of responsibility that I have been working toward, through my military career. This is a nice way of dovetailing both public service and military service for the betterment of our country, and for the betterment of our men and women serving in harm’s way.”


Scionti is an Army veteran and served tours in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home