Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lindsey Graham Will Vote For Sotomayor

On the Senate floor, Lindsey Graham announced he will vote for Sonia Sotomayor.


With that day here, Graham said he would follow his own advice. “I understand the path of least resistance for me personally would be to vote no. That is probably true anytime you are in the minority party and you lose an election,” he said. “But I feel compelled to vote yes, and I feel this is the right vote for me and, quite frankly, for the country in this case.”


I am not sure that is the case. Graham took the most heat for his questioning of Sotomayor. Graham would please the hard right faction by voting against Sotomayor's confirmation. South Carolina moderates and growing Hispanic population would feel differently.

Side note: Charlie Crist's opposition to Sonia Sotomayor appears increasingly boneheaded.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home