Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hitchens Hulk Smash



Christopher Hitchens forms at the mouth with Hillary Clinton hatred. Hardball, The Hitch debated Salon's Joan Walsh about Barack Obama's national security appointment. The Hitch could let go of his Hillary hatred.


HITCHENS: Is it left or right for Hillary Clinton to get her husband, after a huge Pakistani fundraiser-I'm speaking about something very important to us right now-a few years ago-huge Pakistani fund-raiser in New York, organized for her by Lanny Davis-she got him to change his plan to visit India and to build in a visit to Pakistan on the way, in return for a huge campaign donation. Everyone in Pakistan knows she's open for business. This is not a left-right question. It's a matter of integrity.

WALSH: I think this is ridiculous. I think...

HITCHENS: Do we want such a person as secretary of state?

WALSH: Christopher, your views...

MATTHEWS: Joan, your turn.

WALSH: Christopher, your views on the Clintons' integrity are well-known. I consider them eccentric. I believe that you cherry-pick...

(CROSSTALK)

WALSH: I'm not going to say that they are perfect, but I believe you cherry-pick the worst possible interpretation, as well as facts that aren't necessarily facts, and come up with this analysis.


Hitch has Clinton hatred aimed at Eric Holder for the Marc Rich pardon.


HITCHENS: The actual date doesn't matter once you start talking about that. an I just add, though, that I thought Obama's answer just there was incredibly cheap and evasive. I mean, he was right the first time to say this woman doesn't, in fact, have foreign policy experience, and he could have added, which also came up in the campaign, that the experience she has claimed, such as in Bosnia, was fake, was fabricated. And he could also have added that she, like his other nominee, for the attorney generalship, main qualification in politics is being a friend of Marc Rich, which I don't think has changed.


I voiced my own displeasure about the Holder nomination and Hillary's Bosnia comments. Holder was Deputy Attorney General at the Justice Department. Clinton served on the Armed Services Committee and spent debate decades meeting world leaders. They have experience. What Hitchens doesn't understand is he questions their judgement. I never argued that Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld lacked experience. My complaint was their ideas are batshit insane.

Media Matters asked why MSNBC keeps bringing Hitchens back. For the same reason people watch professional wrestling and reality television. It's show business, baby!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home